First, a little business, and then I’ve got a treat for you.
As I mentioned the other day, I recently received some BLOG LOVE. The Usual Bliss was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger award and also the Addictive Blog award. Yay! One of the nominators, Loni from Loni Found Herself, kindly provided questions for me to answer. (Remember when I asked the World Wide Web for interview questions? Weird.) Here goes!
1) What’s your writing process? I laughed a little bit with this one. I literally just sit down and start writing. I write the way I talk and it usually comes out ok. Recently, I bought a notebook to log ideas or thoughts to bring to a post later. A cup of coffee or glass of wine is always present.
2) What makes you tick? My motivation is the happiness of my loved ones…my fiancé, my family, my puppy, my friends. I’m happy when I know that something I’ve done has made them smile. That’s how I show love- making a home-cooked meal, putting a card in the mail. I try to be thoughtful of what might make life easier or better for the people I care about most. I love the Golden Rule.
3) Cher or Cyndi Lauper? Definitely more Cyndi than Cher, but I’d list the cassette tapes by various cheesy big hair rock bands or anything electronic as more commonly in my ghetto-blaster in the 80s. (Don’t make me post bang-centric photos of myself. Because I will.)
4) You’re given free airfare to anywhere in the world. Where do you go? Ooooh, that list is long. I haven’t spent much time out of the United States and really would love to go everywhere! I’m dying to visit the Amalfi Coast of Italy, Santorini (hey, why not throw in the rest of the Greek Islands, too?), New Zealand, Fiji, and all of those little charming French towns we see during the Tour de France coverage!
5) Who do you take with you? My best friend and husband-to-be. He’s the person I want to share all of my fun experiences with. We enjoy the same stuff and laugh a lot. We travel really well together, which we learned this last summer in our 13-foot cottage on wheels. Eight weeks is a long time and 13 feet is less space than you think.
6) Favorite movie on paper? The Jerk, When Harry Met Sally, The Princess Bride, The Shining.
7) Actual favorite movie? All of the ones I listed, plus every cheesy tear-inducing chick flick or badly-made ensemble cast romantic comedy.
8) Mountain, beach, desert, forest, or city? Yes.
9) Advice for new bloggers? Write for yourself. Some people will like it and some people won’t. That doesn’t matter. It’s also easy to get caught up in how many followers you get or how many comments you receive. Once you start worrying about that stuff, it’s not the true you coming through in your writing anymore. But… it would be super rad to be Freshly Pressed.
10) Football game or tickets to the ballet? The only ballet I’ve been to is The Nutcracker, and I loved it. But I would take the football tickets 100% of the time. I love football season! Al Michaels is the ‘voice of fall’ for me. (It makes up for his strange hair.)
11) Reality TV: harmless or bain of society? Remember the first few seasons of The Real World? NYC, LA, San Francisco… reality TV seemed interesting then. Now, every other show is some snippet of “real life” that I don’t care about and costs too much money to film. I mean, one word: SNOOKI. That said, I record shows like Project Runway and Top Chef and lots of Food Network and HGTV!
Thanks for the questions, Loni!
Here are a few BLISS-y blogs that you should check out. I nominate them for the Addictive Blog award, since it was a new one for me!
(I think I included all of my blissful friends, but if I missed one of you, speak up!)
And now, since I haven’t included any photos in this post and you’ve been so patient…
GRATUITOUS PUPPY PICS!
This little nugget is Cholula last December when we first brought her home. You’re lucky I stopped with just 11 photos.
Eeeee! The teeny pink tongue! The fat pink puppy belly! It’s almost too much!