It was harder than I thought it would be to come up with 101 things to accomplish within 1001 days (see Day Zero Project), but I’m excited about the list. There are lots of fun things on there. Some will be pretty easy. Some, frankly, intimidate me- and plenty will challenge me to get out of my comfort zone.
April 26, 2012 will be my official ‘first’ day. That means I have until January 22, 2015 to cross everything off of this list. (Yes, I had to look that up. And yes, I discovered my math was wrong when I did.)
Items in bold italic are in progress. Items
crossed out are ACCOMPLISHED!
Away we go…
1. Learn to make pasta from scratch
2. Make pizza dough from scratch (Check it out.) 3. Make homemade pie crust (Check it out.) 4. Make homemade ice cream (Check it out.) 5. Make bread from scratch (Check it out.) 6. Learn yummy ways to cook tofu (Check it out.) 7. Have a sushi night with homemade rolls ( Check it out .) 8. Try one new recipe each week (Check it out.)
9. Photo-document camp-cooking and create book
10. Try skate skiing
11. Try Zumba
12. Try HOT yoga
13. Learn to fly-fish- and catch something!
14. Take a hot air balloon ride
15. Use our outdoor shower while camping
16. Go paddleboarding Check it out! 17. Take a sleigh ride Check it out!
18. Try surfing
21. Visit Hogle Zoo
22. Go on a picnic June 20, 2012 (Read about it!)
23. Take a backpacking weekend – no car camping
A BETTER ME
25. Run five miles
26. Run ten miles
27. Do a detox/cleanse
28. Have a baby
30. Go to the dentist
31. Go to the dermatologist to recheck ‘beauty marks’
32. Whiten teeth
33. Take a month-long break from alcohol
34. Take a month-long break from meat
35. Implement ‘Meatless Mondays’
36. Start doing yoga twice a week
37. Get over my irrational fear of trains (Check it out.)
38. Create a budget and stick to it
39. Write a thank you note to my therapist I figure this counts.
41. Learn to speak basic Italian
42. Relearn the piano
43. Get a full-sized keyboard or piano to practice on for the music room Yay!
44. Take at least one night off of TV per week
45. Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day for a week (and keep it up!)
46. Make a habit of waking up earlier each day
48. Volunteer at three different places
49. Plant a garden at the new house Complete! 50. Start composting and use it in the garden 51. Make homemade holiday gifts Links to eggnog, bacon jam, cookies, and vanilla bean LOVE here!
52. Babysit for a friend
53. Pay for someone’s meal without them knowing
54. Plant a tree when we get married to watch grow over the years 55. Learn about the things that make my home ‘green’ (Here.) 56. Meet my new neighbors and get to know them
57. Start mailing birthday cards to loved ones
58. Write an email with photos to my Grandpa once a week
59. Visit NYC at Christmastime (Check it out.) 60. Kiss at the top of the Empire State Building (We picked the Rockefeller building because of the better view!) 62. Take at least three road trips in Betty (See all of our trips on the Travel Bliss page.) 63. Go on a group camping trip- trailers encouraged! Check it out!
64. Visit Ten Thousand Waves in Santa Fe
65. Visit Canada
66. Visit Chicago
68. Take a trip with my family to Bozeman, MT to visit friends (Check it out.) 69. Have a Philly Cheese Steak in Philadelphia (I had two!)
70. Visit 5 states I’ve never been to
North Carolina– May 2012
71. Speak Italian in Italy
72. See an NFL game live
73. See an MLB game live
74. See a pro tennis match live
75. See an NHL game live (Check it out.) 76. Get 50 followers on my blog (May 16, 2012)
77. Learn how to use a sewing machine and make something
78. Collect 100 quotes I love and create a book
79. Read 20 new books (see the list here) 80. Get my work published Take a look!
81. Host a combined NYE and double-birthday party for John and me
82. Empty the coin jar and do something FUN with the money!
83. Watch Casablanca (Never seen it)
84. Watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Never seen it) November 30, 2012
85. Watch Flashdance (Never seen it)
86. Get my filing system in order 87. Make photo books of major trips 88. Print and frame photos of friends and family for guest room LOVE wall (See?) 89. Get Don ZanFagna art framed and hung 90. Clean out and organize the garage 91. Use photo booths whenever I see one
92. Learn to use a big-girl camera (digital SLR)
93. Make a page on my blog about this list 94. Write about/photo-document each thing I cross off this list (Those that made sense to share!)
95. See a USC-University of Utah game with my Dad
96. Get a friend to do this challenge with me! Check out Emily’s list!
97. Learn basic guitar chords to play along with John
98. Delegate one night a month as DATE night
99. See a band for every letter of the alphabet
- Boombala, 4/28/2012, Beck 8/10/2012, Bombino 5/29/2013, Blitzen Trapper November 2013 and July 2013
- Carlos Santana, July 2014
- Delta Spirit, 4/30/2012, David Byrne and St. Vincent 7/15/2013
- Foo Fighters, 8/10/2012
- Gary Clark Jr., July 2014
- The Haggards, November 2013
- John Fogerty, 6/21/2012, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion June 2013
- My Morning Jacket, 8/2/2012, Marinade 10/26/2012
- Neil Young, 8/10/2012
- Pearl Jam, 11/26/2013
- Rodrigo y Gabriela, 7/12/2013
- Steve Martin with the Steep Canyon Rangers, 7/19/2013
- Tony Bennett, 6/20/2013, Toots and the Maytals April 2013, Tedeschi Trucks Band July 2014
100. Learn to wink (I can’t.)
101. Donate $10 (cause TBD) for each item that I don’t accomplish from this list